   RE: Microsoft's DISCO proposal and XML packaging

  • From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
  • To: Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:02:29 +0200

Thanks for the pointer.

I am also a bit concerned about the fact that one supported scenario for
"discovery" seems to be:

a) issue HTTP get

b) if content type of response is "text/html" parse (!) HTML (!) document
and try to discover a HTML "link" element to the actual disco document. This
would require that anybody who wants to use this mechanism needs to have a
HTML parser (unless XHTML is required, but I haven't seen this as
assumption).

Comments?