   Re: ADMINISTRATIVE: mail list moving

  • From: Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 15:59:37 +0100

[line eater food]
[actually, it's because various
words in the first five lines
cause messages to be bounced,
and the next line has some of them]

>* We've configured the list so that only subscribers may post to the list.
>This means that you cannot post a message from a secondary account, for
>example from your home account. If a message bounces back to you, it is
>because the email address on your message does not match the address you are
>subscribed with.

This is extremely inconvenient for those of us who relay the list to a
local newsgroup, and have the news server forward replies to the list.

Apparently, it is possible to arrange things so that alternate addresses
can be subscribed to permit posting (so I was told in a helpful message
from services@eListX.com).  What is the mechanism for doing this?

-- Richard