   Re: JAXP1.0.1 and namespace

  • From: Takuki Kamiya <kamiya@sysrap.cs.fujitsu.co.jp>
  • To: Lucio Piccoli <Lucio.Piccoli@one2one.co.uk>, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:38:29 +0900

JAXP spec states that:

  Parser implementations may optionally provide support to parse
  documents that utilize the W3C XML Namespace Recommendation.

which means there is no mandate imposed by the spec for the
awareness of the nemespace one way or the other only that a parser
factory has to know whether the parser supports namespace and
inform the application of the trait when requested.