   Re: Default Namespaces - why don't they apply to attributes?

  • From: Stefan Haustein <haustein@ls8.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
  • To: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:37:51 +0200

Jonathan Borden wrote:

>  Clarify RDF? :-))) I've been getting into this recently because I decided
> to design our next version healthcare repository around RDF, which I am
> using to represent HL7 models.

Did you compare RDF to the serialization format included in SOAP?
I am still in doubt which to choose for my application.

>     In fact, the RDF syntax spec makes (IHMO)  the erroneous assumption that
> attributes inherit the namespace of the enclosing element (witness the use
> of <rdf:y about="..."> rather than <rdf:y rdf:about="...">

In my opinion, there is nothing in the XML spec that forbids
RDF to make such an assumption at application level if the
attribute has no explicit namespace.

Best,

Stefan

--
Stefan Haustein
Univ. Dortmund, FB 4, LS 8   tel: +49 231 755 2499