   Re: Default Namespaces - why don't they apply to attributes?

  • From: Stefan Haustein <haustein@ls8.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
  • To: Andrew Layman <andrewl@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:45:20 +0200

Andrew Layman wrote:

> SOAP section five specifically provides serialization rules for entire
> objects or graphs of objects. Its use is not limited to method calls but is
> a general facility for serialization.

Wouldn't it be clearer to put section five into an own document, or
to give it at least a name like SSF (SOAP Serialization Format) that
can be simpler referenced than "SOAP section five"? (Oops, what does
SSF actually mean - SOAP Serialization Format or SOAP Section five? :-)

My problem is: When I mention SOAP, I first need to explain
that I do not mean HTTP+XML based RPC but the serialization format
mentioned in section five of the spec...

Best,

Stefan

--
Stefan Haustein
Univ. Dortmund, FB 4, LS 8   tel: +49 231 755 2499