   Public Identifiers

  • From: Leigh Dodds <ldodds@ingenta.com>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:08:38 +0100

Is it legal to define my own Public Identifiers for document types?

I'm assuming it is, given that the first section of the identifier
allows me to indicate whether I'm a 'registered owner' or not

I'm just curious as to whether its good practice to define Public
Identifiers, and whether I should be considering registration or not
(and what that might involve).

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Systems Architect       | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitate"