   RE: UML and XMI (was: RDF or UML)

  • From: johns@syscore.com (John F. Schlesinger)
  • To: 'Dave Carlson' <dcarlson@ontogenics.com>,"'Bullard, Claude L (Len)'" <clbullar@ingr.com>,'Jonathan Borden' <jborden@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:08:09 -0400

David asked:
"Do you know of any way to import an XMI file for a UML model into MS's
Repository?  MS invented their own non-XMI format, called XIF, and I
have not seen any support for importing or exporting XMI from their
repository."

Unisys announced something like this in December 1998 in
http://www.unisys.com/news/releases/1998/dec/12076622.html. Here is the
first paragraph:

"Unisys Corporation today announced that it had demonstrated metadata
interoperability between its Unisys Universal Repository (UREP) and the
Microsoft Repository, using the World Wide Web Consortium's XML (eXtended
Markup Language), Object Management Group's XMI (XML Metadata Interchange)
and Microsoft's XIF (XML Interchange Facility) specifications to support the
interchange."

Yours,
John F Schlesinger
SysCore Solutions