   RE: SOAP serialization

  • From: David Orchard <orchard@pacificspirit.com>
  • To: haustein@ls8.cs.uni-dortmund.de,'Sasha Nakhimovsky' <sasha@mail.colgate.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:40:12 -0700

Really?  I'd like to see where Sun announced that they supported SOAP.  I'd
further like to see what "support" means in the context of Sun and
particularly Java.  Java already "supports" SOAP because you can create SOAP
messages using Java and Sun's parsers.

Does support mean automatic invocation of java services through a SOAP
server?  A Servlet implementation of a SOAP server?  A SOAP client that will
marshall soap requests onto HTTP?  Automatic generation of SOAP documents
from Java objects?  An extension of JSR #31 for SOAP - JSR #SOAP ?-) Binding
of SOAP requests to JMS queues?  An EJB Session implementation of a SOAP
container?  Authoring tools?  A SOAP XML Schema?  A SOAP server programming
model?

I wonder what support means.   Be careful when you claim that a company
supports something.

Just a curious guy,
Dave Orchard