   Help on xml structure!!!

  • From: ravi kakani <ravixml@yahoo.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 01:38:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
       i have scenario like this.An organisation with
diff types of projects say-client-server,e-com,legacy
app.one employee can be in more than one project like
emp1,emp2 show below.I would like to know what would
be the best solution to store the data so that data
can be retrieved easily and should be normalised.

Constraints:our portal server does not support
xpointers.

what we plan to do is keep a seperate xml file for
each employee say emp.xml and all the projects in one
xml file say project.xml.so that we can give links to
all the emp.xml's belonging to a project under the
project element in project.xml
1) Basically the situation is one record in emp.xml is
to be reffered in more than one project.xml.How do we
do this so as to keep all the emp's in one xml.
2)what are pros and cons of keeping them in seperate
files and in one single file

   |----------organisation--------------|
   |           |                    |
   |           |                    |
   |           |                    |
client-sever  e-com             legacy app
               |                          |
               |                          |

         |         |        |     emp1   emp2
emp5