   RE: UNIX pipes, XML processing

  • From: Sasha Nakhimovsky <sasha@mail.colgate.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:15:01 -0400

Come to think of it, XSLT stylesheets can also work as filters.  Xalan can
take a stream of SAX events on input and send another one to output
(apologies for my ignorance about Saxon and others).  One can hope that
stylesheets compiled by Sun's xsltc will have that functionality also.  It
should be possible to mix and match stylesheets and SAX filters in the same
pipe.

Sasha