   Re: UNIX pipes, XML processing

  • From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:38:30 -0700

Also the xml pipeline package that's part of the
XML/Java software library that I've recently put
under GPL (http://xmlconf.sourceforge.net/ is the
spot!), including goodies like a layered/modular
SAX2 validator.

Those are "SAX2 Events" in the pipelines, not
XML documents per se (except when the stages
are on different machines), but it's the same
general idea.  You can even describe simple
transform graphs using pipeline syntax that's
a bit like the old /bin/sh ... :-)

Anyone wanting to hack such things, drop a line.

- Dave

p.s. I've yet to transfer the XML/Docbook docs
    over to that site.