   Re: XML in .NET - more than just SOAP?

  • From: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:36:17 +0800

Joshua Allen wrote:

> * I'm not trying to excuse the flaws in Office2000 -- those are being fixed
> for the next version.

How are they going to handle the conditionals?  These are something like
 <![ifdef(x)[   ]]>
Not only is that not XML, its not even SGML (though it could be made to
mean something by remapping delimiters, yuck).

By the way, to let people know the status of my last comment that IE5.5
does not display &lt;?  but strips it as a PI.  I had several emails
from people using US version of IE5.5 and US windows who reported it
worked fine. So my best guess at the moment is that this is a bug that
has not percolated to the Chinese IE5.5 running under Chinese Win98.  MS
contacted me, but no positive diagnosis or fix yet.

Rick Jelliffe