   Re: XML, MicroSoft, Torquemada and Comics (was RE: XML in .NET - moretha

  • From: mark hu <mark@fintrack.com>
  • To: Anthony Channing <AnthonyC@101Ltd.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:18:24 -0400

Hi, Anton:
    It's very impressive story - and again it's a story only, from my own
point of view: first of all - I DO NOT THINK THAT IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO TALK
THIS KIND OF MENTAL THINGS HERE, and also according to your rule: "'BE PURE,
BE VIGILANT, BEHAVE" - I think that really mean we should all do our own job
instead of just commenting others, OK, let's put in this way - if XML is
designed pure and vigilant - why in these days after SOAP ( protocol for
XML) be W3C standards - lot of big players jump in and try to show their own
efforts to support this new standard, if we all adpot SOAP and implement our
own web services and so on, where's the PURE XML gonna be - just NO WAY ...
and back to the real life, I do not think any one of us can solve all the
daily problem just using PURE XML, and let's take a look at Java and Java
VM - different vendors have their own version of VM - I do not think all the
VMs available today have the same standards, and that's fine for us - cause
which ever VM we are using is our own business, as soon as it's good and
meets our goal, I do not really care it's MS, SUN or IBM ... Again, MS is
very good at pushing new stuffs in a very fast speed - I do not think you
should follow MS, Bill Gates DOES NOT SAY - HEY, FOLLOW ME OR NO BREAD - on
the other hand, as a developer we have our own choices about what we'd like
to work on and where we'd like to work at, well every one knows - this is
America, you can do whatever you want - no one can force you, e.g. one of
our product is based on Java/CORBA/XML/HTTP - is running under NT with
assistance of a ISAPI dll and JRUN for Java components - we do not have to
use COM/MTS, because our client does not want to, and surely we can even get
rid of NT and runs on Unix, AGAIN, I DO HOPE THIS IS A TECHNICAL SITE - so,
please do not put too many personal stuff here, I do not like politics - and
I bet you all are, cheers.

mark hu
646-872-7341 (cell phone)
"breath,open up eyes and think"