   RE: Didier's lab report

  • From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@icl.com>
  • To: "'martind@netfolder.com'" <martind@netfolder.com>,"Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:51:58 +0100

It's entirely feasible for an XSLT processor to recognize at compile time
any calls of document() that can be resolved statically, and to generate
code in the compiled stylesheet that causes the download of these documents
to start asynchronously as soon as stylesheet execution starts. This isn't
true in the example cited, because the absolute URI of the required document
depends on the base URI of the current node in the source document.

Mike Kay