   "parameterized" XSL template

  • From: Vineet Gupta <Vineet@moduleone.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 23:17:12 +0530

hi

Just subscribed. Do not know if this is the right forum for a ques like
this, but here goes ...

I need the kind of functionality a "parameterized" XSL template may provide.
My XML looks like:

<SearchCriteria>
	<SearchCriterion Name="SearchCriterionA"
UIRepresentation="MultipleSelectionListBox">
		<DefaultCriterionValue
Selected="0">CriterionValA0</DefaultCriterionValue>
		<CriterionValue Selected="0">CriterionValA1</CriterionValue>
		<CriterionValue Selected="0">CriterionValA2</CriterionValue>
		<CriterionValue Selected="0">CriterionValA3</CriterionValue>
	</SearchCriterion>
	<SearchCriterion Name="SearchCriterionB"
UIRepresentation="SingleSelectionListBox">
		<DefaultCriterionValue
Selected="0">CriterionValB0</DefaultCriterionValue>
		<CriterionValue Selected="0">CriterionValB1</CriterionValue>
		<CriterionValue Selected="0">CriterionValB2</CriterionValue>
		<CriterionValue Selected="0">CriterionValB3</CriterionValue>
	</SearchCriterion>
	<SearchCriterion Name="SearchCriterionC" UIRepresentation="TextBox">
		<DefaultCriterionValue
Selected="0">CriterionValC0</DefaultCriterionValue>
	</SearchCriterion>
</SearchCriteria>

What I need is to generate corresponding UI Elements. For this I need to
write a template for each kind of UI element, choose the correct template by
looking at the UIRepresentation attribute and pass the 'Name' attribute to
it as a parameter (so that I can assign that name to that element). How can
I accomplish this? I am using the Microsoft MSXML3 parser

thanks
Vineet