   Re: Are there still a lot of people using DTD rather than schema?

  • From: mark hu <mark@fintrack.com>
  • To: "Box, Don" <dbox@develop.com>, 'yimin zhu' <yiminz@timberline.com>,xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 08:59:38 -0400

Yes, Don - I fully agree with you, Shema is definitely better than DTDs when
dealing with meta-data driven process, e.g. you have a complex bussiness
model and the logics are fixed - but the data type are changed pretty often
and you'll hate DTDs when streaming the whole process out, and the other
hand schema is more flexible to apply the changes, and are we going to say
BYB to DTDs soon in the very near future ?? - when is the next release of
SOAP spec. ? - cheers.

mark
"Breath, Open Up Eyes and Think"