   Re: XML in Office 200X

  • From: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 00:30:05 +0800

Ashvil wrote:

> There were postings earlier that implied that abiword, kword, star
> office currently have xml formats. Could someone please post urls to
> those formats. I could not find them. Maybe we can infer some
> real-world use cases by looking at them.

When I looked last week, Star Office had no XML support that I could
see.

But the press releases for Open Office mention it a lot.  When they do
support XML, I hope they pick some schema used by other formats and
enhance it with their particular extras in their own namespace, if
possible. If it were possible to have the GNU tools and Open Office swap
files without going through HTML or RTF it would be great.

Rick Jelliffe