   Re: Why the Infoset?

  • From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
  • To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>,"xml-dev@xml.org" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 12:23:49 -0400

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> >And so yr. hble. Editor, a meek ass between two burdens, or piles of hay,
> >or whatever, will soldier on, seeing the world by his own lights and
> >living by his own hands -- until overruled by authority.
>
> Any chance we could ask you to stop the train, rather than soldier on?

I'm not the engineer.  The W3C desires an Infoset, an Infoset it will
have, and it will be the best Infoset I can deliver unless I am removed
from the post --- unlikely.  "A professional does not seek the best
possible result, but the best result possible."

> I didn't notice the world collapsing over the last six months
> of an obsolete Infoset document.

No, but I got tired of keeping two versions in my head, for public
and private consumption.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>