   Designing an XML-Database Application

  • From: "Raheja, Dhruv (TRANS)" <Dhruv.Raheja@Trans.ge.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 13:45:03 -0400

hello everybody,
                       i have three q's on my mind....i was hoping someone
will be able to help.

1.) Is there any advantage of storing data in XML format versus in a
object-oriented database that is provided by PDM tools like e-Matrix? Also
is there any advantage of first converting data into an XML format and then
storing it in such a database?

2.) I want to learn how to connect my XML documents with a database. I
basically want to be able to store my XML data in a database. I then want to
be able to retrieve the data using a front-end that will query the database
and display the results using XML.

3.) I have designed a styleheet ( using XSL) that displays my XML document
in a browser. I need to display the document using PDF. Can somebody please
tell me how?

thanks a lot,
Dhruv

Dhruv Raheja