   RE: Why the Infoset?

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 14:14:33 -0500

The answer is in response to slamming both
groves and arch forms without taking time to
understand either.  In that case, the needs
don't matter; the source matters.  NIH.

So far Borden is doing the best job of
stating the needs and he is willing to
entertain any working solution.  He also
wants a shorter development cycle I think.

Groves are one possible way to meet the
stated needs.  What are the others?  Do
they have tools?  Are they working solutions
for other applications?  Toyz is Toyz but
the infoSet is real and there today.  Groves
are real and there today.  Apply the
Berners Lee test (paraphrased): if two groups that never
met had the same problem, would they come
up with roughly the same solution?

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety
clbullar@ingr.com