   problem with enumerated lists

  • From: "Raheja, Dhruv (TRANS)" <Dhruv.Raheja@Trans.ge.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 17:13:05 -0400

hi everybody,
                    i am trying to display my XML information using an
enumerated list. i am generating that list in XSL using the
called <num_list>. The structure is as follows:
<new_num_list>
	<num_list>
	---------------
	</num_list>
	<note>
            ------------
	</note>
	  <num_list>
             -------------
            <num_list>
<new_num_list>

The problem is that in the <new_num_list> element i also have other elements
elements. What I want to do is insert <note> and/or <warning> and/or
<caution> without affecting the numbering of <num_list>.  what i mean is
that the first <num_list> in the above code should be numbered 1 and the
second <num_list> should be numbered 2 with the <note> inserted between
them.

In the stylesheet i have the following code:

<xsl:template match="new_num_list">
<ol>
<xsl:for-each select="num_list">
<li><xsl:value-of select="."/></li>
</xsl:for-each>
</ol>
</xsl:template>

Although this allows me to number the <num_list> elements, it doesnt allow
me to insert <note> in between. I tried to add <xsl:apply-templates
select="note"> after the </ol> tag but obviously what it does is that it
puts the <note> after numbering all the <num_list> elements.

Can someone please tell me what to do?

Thanks a lot,
Dhruv

Dhruv Raheja