   RE: ANN: XSet an XML property set

  • From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
  • To: sam th <sam@uchicago.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 07:25:44 -0400

Sam, this is very helpful. Since we are writing the production-language as
we go along :-)

An issue for discussion is whether to use regexp expressions "as-is" or to
rewrite these in an XML equivalent. Since code exists for regexp matching,
my initial thoughts were to try to leave the regexps intact and attach them
as constraints via the attribute "regexp". In many ways, your proposal is
more logical from the pure XML perspective, on the other hand there are lots
of regexps in XML 1.0 and using this syntax will make the document
significantly larger.

For example, you are proposing

<exclude>
	<from>Name</from>