   SAX2(megginson.com) and XERCES (xml.apache.org)

  • From: Sunny <sandeepsethi@email.msn.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 13:36:27 -0400

I guess I'm confused about the difference between the two -

my understanding is that -
Xerces is a parser that implements DOM2 and SAX2 specs - I can download a
java version from xml.apache.org

Then, what's the SAX2.zip download on megginson.com
(http://www.megginson.com/SAX/Java/index.html) ?
Is that just another parser ?

Another question - about the SAX2 spec - SAX isn't a W3C initiative, right ?
So did Megginson.com 'create' a sax spec - and apache.org implemented the
spec in Xerces ?

confused,
fxs.