   Re: Proliferation of validation options

  • From: Francis Norton <francis@redrice.com>
  • To: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:29:23 +0100

Rick JELLIFFE wrote:

> , but on the
> other hand the participants do have very definite use-cases that
> they do want to support, and which RELAX or Schematron do not.

Have these use cases been published? For me the key element of
difficulty reading the part 1 spec is that it appears to be a complex
solution that has been abstracted out from the a lot of the problems it
is designed to solve. Technical specs are like novels, understanding
motivations casts light on everything.

Francis.
--
Francis Norton.