   Re: XML serialization of a XML document.

  • From: Sean McGrath <sean@digitome.com>
  • To: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:50:03 +0100

At 17:23 10/08/00 +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
>Hi,
>
>At the fringe between concepts such as the infoset and XSet, I have
>begun to think of a way to use XML to represent the full content of XML
>document.
>
>The first step of these thoughts have been published under
>http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/09/xslt/xslt.html and I would be very
>interested by your feedback and especially to know if you think it worth
>going further in this direction.

In section 10.8 of my book XML Processing with Python, there
is an application that is along similar lines. It converts
a SAX event stream to an XML instance conforming to a SAXShow
DTD. SAXShow documents are then parsed into PYX notation
so that simple greppers can be used to unambiguously
find things like ignorable white space for example.

regards,

http://www.pyxie.org - an Open Source XML Processing library for Python