   [ANNOUNCE] XML Spy 3.0.7 update version is now available

  • From: "Falk, Alexander" <falk@icon.at>
  • To: "'xml-dev@xml.org'" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:26:08 +0200

Fellow XML developers,

it is my pleasure to announce the release of XML Spy 3.0.7, which is
available as a free update for all 3.0 customers of our Integrated
Development Environment (IDE) for XML that encompasses:

*	XML editing & validation
*	Schema/DTD editing & validation
*	XSL editing & transformation

XML Spy 3.0.7 includes many improvements in the area of XML-Data/BizTalk and
W3C XML Schema support as well as bug-fixes for the issues reported by our
customers since the 3.0 release. The new version also includes many small
changes that work together to improve the overall performance and stability
of XML Spy.

Please go ahead and download the new version directly from the download
center on our web server:

	http://www.xmlspy.com/download

A complete list of all changes is available in the "Read Me" file that is
installed with the software.

At the same time we are now also making the "Source-Code" of the XML Spy
web-server (i.e. all XML, DTD, and XSL files plus the XML Spy project used
to build http://www.xmlspy.com) available to our registered premium
customers as an example. To access these files, have your license data at
hand and proceed to the following URL:

	http://www.xmlspy.com/examples_spyweb.html

You will be asked to enter your user-name, company, and license key-code to
get access to the download.

If you have never tried out XML Spy before, please visit our site and
download a FREE 30-day evaluation version of our product. XML Spy 3.0 is
available for the Windows platform only and supports Windows 95, 98, NT, and
2000. The product is fully Unicode-compatible and can read and write files
in all major character-set encodings.

XML Spy comes in two flavors depending on your level of involvement with
XML: the premium version contains all features and aims at the professional
user, whereas the lite version is directed towards the casual user or
student, who doesn't require database import and the other advanced
capabilities of the product. The price for a single-user license is US$
149.- for the premium version and US$ 39.- for the lite version. Multi-user
discounts are available and you'll find all the details in the pricelist on
our server at http://www.xmlspy.com/order

Sincerely,

Alexander Falk

... Icon Information-Systems