   Re: XML/XLink/XSL fundamentals

  • From: Wayne Steele <xmlmaster@hotmail.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org, Dhruv.Raheja@Trans.ge.com
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:45:15 -0700 (PDT)

>2.) I am using an XML editor called XML Writer. It supports the working
>draft of the XSL recommendation. When I give the following namespace
>declaration:
>
><xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">, the parser returns an
>error message.
>
>In addition to that, when I try and use <xsl:number/> I get an error
>message
>from the browser. Which parser/editor will allow me to alliviate these
>problems?
>Basically I need an application that will allow me to fully exploit XSL
>(including formatting objects) and XLink/XPointer etc.
>
>3.) The error message related to <xsl:number> is displayed by the browser
>and not by the editor. Is there some way to get rid of this problem? Is
>there a Microsoft parser that supports the latest XSL recommendations?

Yes, there is an updated Microsoft XSLT processor. This _might_ fix problem
(2), as well as problem (3), if XML Writer uses MSXML.

check out

http://msdn.microsoft.com/code/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/000/541/msdncompositedoc.xml

and be sure to read the notes about REPLACE mode vs. SIDE-BY-SIDE mode.

-Wayne Steele