   Re: Requirements for making DTD validation work with namespaces

  • From: james anderson <james.anderson@mecomnet.de>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:45:02 +0200

The statement cited below is untrue. It is possible to validate a subset
of namespace aware documents in a manner in keeping with the published
namespace recommendation. The subset is that for which the global
bindings entailed by a default attribute value for a potentially
ambiguous namespace attribute are temporally scoped to enable
unambiguous encoded name to universal name mappings.

While such scoping rules were not laid out in the namespace
recommendation, I would hope that they were nconsistent with it. If not,
then one would be eliminating the only category of document (see "item
5" in the previous post) for which namespaces are necesary.