   Re: Requirements for making DTD validation work with namespaces

  • From: Wayne Steele <xmlmaster@hotmail.com>
  • To: james.anderson@mecomnet.de, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:27:43 -0700 (PDT)

>From: james anderson <james.anderson@mecomnet.de>
>
>The discussion becomes interesting only around "item 5" documents ...

Yes.

>The mechanism to which I alluded below neither ignores the problem nor
>does it entail parameter entities, and it conforms to three of the five
>constraints. Item 5 contradicts 1 and 2 and it doesn't make sense to
>implement both.

I don't see how item 5 contradicts 1 or 2.

It creates a new category of documents, distinct from "valid" and "invalid",
as defined in XML 1.0.

How you define this category is the whole point - everyone seems to have
ideas about this.

I will not budge from requirements 1 - 3.
3 is where a lot of proposals fall down.

-Wayne Steele