   Re: XML Extensibility / XML Schemas

  • From: Sean Palmer <sbpxhtml@yahoo.com>
  • To: AndrewWatt2000@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 06:39:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,
Thank you for all of your individual responses.

Andrew:
> This is a topic in which I would
> expect growing interest over time.

SBP:
This will be a lot bigger thn anyone can imagine.
According to Dan Connolly, it looks like DTDs are on
the way out, to be replaced by XML Schema. You may be
very interested to read
http://xhtml.waptechinfo.com/extxhtml/ which outlines
all of that information.

Andrew:
> Perhaps not a huge number will be
> interested but I think it is important
> to use the list to assist those interested
> in a particular topic to make contact,
> perhaps simply with a view to sharing
> information or possibly future collaboration.

SBP:
I'll be setting up an XML Schema site soon - so we can
have a kind of development test site for XML Schema.Of
course, it will only survive with input, I have too
much on my hands at the moment to documentate
everything. I'll happily host anything XML Schema
related, source code, articles and the like, so if you
want, send in submissions to me at
seanxml@wapdesign.org.uk only!

this mailing list, the search engine XSLT XSLT sounds
interesting; a practical application. Curt's little
development is also very interesting: but it does
highlight the inadequacy of todays XSLT processors.
None of them work properly! What we need is a program
with a windows style interface rather than this
command line junk we have at the moment.

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
WAP Tech info - http://www.waptechinfo.com/
XHTML Design Resource - http://xhtml.waptechinfo.com/