   RE: VoiceXML inputs

  • From: Tupshin Harper <tupshin@tupshin.com>
  • To: Oliver Becker <obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 11:03:34 -0700

It sounds to me like you are looking for the <record> tag as documented in the VoiceXML spec( http://www.voicexml.org/specs/VoiceXML-100.pdf ) section 14.6.

-Tupshin

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Becker [mailto:obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de]
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2000 9:19 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: VoiceXML inputs

Hello,

is there anybody out there being familiar with VoiceXML [1] ?
The problem I couldn't figure out so far is how to express the
counterpart of HTML's <input type="text">

I.e. the user enters (speaks) something unknown and this input will
be submitted to a server for further processing. The problem is:
VoiceXML's field element requires a type attribute wich specify a
grammar. In this case I don't have a grammar - I don't know
possible answers in advance.

Is this an issue that the spec doesn't address or do I missing something?
Or is it just not possible with IBM/alphaWorks' implementation [2] ?

Regards,
Oliver

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml/
[2] http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/voicexml

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |