   Re: Attributes VS Elements

  • From: Philip Gooch <philg@easynet.co.uk>
  • To: Sebastien Clement <sclement@nm1.radio-canada.ca>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 23:01:29 +0100

There's an interesting discussion of this at:

http://www.xmleverywhere.com/newsletters/20000525.htm

Attributes vs elements = data-centric vs document-centric - it partly
depends on what you're modelling whether you use one or the other.
Generally, I'd say you should use elements for content that is visible to
the author/editor/final reader, and use attributes for metadata relating to
the content, but it really depends on what you are doing.

Phil