   Re: internal DTD subset production

  • From: KAZUMI Saito <ksaito@flab.fujitsu.co.jp>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 19:06:29 +0900

Thanks to your suggestion.

In message "Re: internal DTD subset production",
Thierry Bezecourt wrote...

 >>When I provide the internal DTD subset as string, such
 >>string must be "<!DOCTYPE ... [ ... ]>" or  between '['
 >>and ']' only ?
 >
 >What do you mean? If you are editing an XML file directly, you should write
 >"<!DOCTYPE ... [ ...]>" (without the double quotes). But maybe you are
 >using a software which generates the document type declaration. In that
 >case, see the documentation for that software. My guess is that you
 >probably need to provide only what is between '[' and ']': if there is
 >something before '[' in your doctype declaration, it is a reference to the
 >external subset, not a part of the internal subset.

If only string between '[' and ']' is internal DTD subset,
the "Root Element Type" is not part of DTD too.

[28]  doctypedecl ::=  '<!DOCTYPE' S Name ...
                                     ~~~~

Start point of my question is W3C DOM L2's DocumentType.internalSubset
should include "<!DOCTYPE" or not.

-----
 KAZUMI Saito  FUJITSU Laboratories Ltd.