   RE: Research notebook: On edge-labelled graphs in XML

  • From: Michael Rys <mrys@microsoft.com>
  • To: "'tpassin@home.com'" <tpassin@home.com>, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 23:36:11 -0700

This is an interesting observation. As a proponent of edge-labelled graphs
(Lore, proposed XML data model based on edge-labelled graphs about a year
ago) I would favor this, however, due to the extensive node-centric models
within the W3C (DOM, XPath, but not the Infoset which should be interpreted
as agnostic on this), the current working draft is (in my personal and
humble opinion unfortunately) also node-labelled...

Best regards
Michael