   Re: Displaying DocBookx41 XML docs using DocBook XSL and MSXML

  • From: tpassin@home.com
  • To: tnutman@uk.sq.com, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:30:10 -0400

Tim Nutman asks -

> I have just started working with a series of xml documents that have been
> written in DocBook and reference DocBook xsl.
> I need to be able to display these documents and I am currently using the
> MSXML parser  (31st July version download).
>
> If you just load the document into IE 5.5 it complains that the
<imagedata>
> tag has no end tag.
> As per the dtd <imagedata> does not have an end tag. (Is this an MSXML
> issue?)

 If your dtd allows omitting end tags, it is an sgml dtd, not an xml dtd.
You can't omit end tags in xml.  Nor can you have a '</>' construction.
That's why the Microsoft parser give an error, it's an xml-only parser.
Look for an xml version of the dtd, and make, convert, or use xml versions
of the documents. Or use sgml tools.

Tom Passin