   Re: Convert XML&XSL to PCL/TIFF

  • From: Michael Smith <smith@xml-doc.org>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:28:35 -0700

"DenBeste, Orion" <Denbeste.Orion@principal.com> writes:

> Is there a way or a utility that will convert an XML/XSL into PCL or
> TIFF format? Preferably UNIX based.

I don't think you'll find a way to do it directly, but I you could go
from XML/XSL to PDF/PostScript using PassiveTeX and then use another
tool to go do the PS-to-PCL or PS-to-TIFF conversion.

I think GhostScript can do PS-to-TIFF conversions. PS-to-PCL is
another thing -- I'm sure there are some tools available, but I don't
know what they are. But there's probably a PostScript newsgroup or
mailing list where you could find out more.

  --Mike Smith

--
Michael Smith          mailto:smith@xml-doc.org
XML-DOC                http://www.xml-doc.org/