   RE: bug report: msxml3, loadXML()

  • From: Chris Lovett <clovett@microsoft.com>
  • To: "'francis@redrice.com'" <francis@redrice.com>,"Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:43:36 -0700

You have to check the parseError object that hangs off the xml document
object to see if load failed or not (it is packaged this way because the
MSXML DOM also supports "async" loading.

loadXML() takes a BSTR which by definition is a UCS-2 (or UTF-16) format.
If you have a JScript string then you have a UTF-16 string and it should
work - so just chopping off the xml declaration is probably all that you
have to do in this case.