   RE: Tag naming convention

  • From: Mike Sharp <msharp@lante.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:07:07 -0700

Thanks Len,
That's about how I figured.  But even though XML doesn't care, sometimes *we*
do.  As far as I can tell, there is nothing particularly to recommend the
practice--no advantage that using a mixed-case convention wouldn't address.  It
seems like it would be confusing to newcomers.  I'm not sure I understand how
using a namespace would solve the issue, as was mentioned in the earlier thread
you mentioned.

Speaking of which, I thought I had seen a thread on this earlier, but couldn't
find it in the archives. After reading your messag, I went back and finally
found it in June.  Missed it before.   The operative word is "some" months
back...  Is there a way to search them?  Working from home on a modem rather
than the office on a T3 is somewhat a dis-incentive to following links in an
archive!

Regards,
Mike Sharp

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com> on 09/28/2000 12:17:06 PM