   RE: GUI XML Editing tools

  • From: Michael Brennan <Michael_Brennan@Allegis.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:37:39 -0700

There's also an interesting little component-based editor called Athens
(http://www.swiftinc.co.jp/en/menubar/products/Athens/). I've only tried the
demo version. It has a few bugs, but the tool shows promise. It's
implemented as a suite of ActiveX components so you can embed XML editing
functionality in your own custom apps (which I like very much). It also has
functionality for creating and using custom forms that generate XML (I
haven't explored that feature, yet).

XML Spy is very nice, but it wasn't customizable enough for what I sought.
I'm hoping more vendors will take the sort of approach that Athens is
taking.