   XML-Schema: datatypes

  • From: Jeff Lowery <jlowery@scenicsoft.com>
  • To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 19:24:45 -0800

Didn't get a response yet, so either I'm in more kill files than I thought
or I'm not being clear enough.

Let's try again:

(Part 2: Section 3.3.11) If scale is fixed for integer at 0, then why is it
listed as a facet for integer? There's no way to restrict scale further,
right?

(Part 2: Sections 3.2.3, 3.2.4) It is stated that zero and negative zero are
special values for float and decimal. Since I can't get anything useful out
of the cited reference
(<http://standards.ieee.org/reading/ieee/std_public/description/busarch/754-
1985_desc.html> ), I would suppose that 0/-0 are guaranteed to be 'absolute'
zero, and not some approximation thereof.

(Part 2: Section 3.2.6)  The timeDuration says that Y,M,D,H,M take arbitrary
integers, but then
goes on to say the lowest-order occurrence can be decimal. I understand what
it means, but it doesn't mean what it says.