   RE: Dangers of De Facto (WAS RE: Dangers of Subsetting?)

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>, Rob Lugt <roblugt@elcel.com>,xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:02:54 -0600

Yes. Good point. The XML Declaration could be part
of the contract.  The real issue is not
having to explain it.  The more explanation,
the more gray goo results.

COTS is more or less assumed.  We specify the
browser in our response.   One might also
consider the issues of non-web browser
containers that wrap web media objects.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard