   User passed Arguments for Entities

  • From: Saravanan Ramaswamy <rsaravan@cisco.com>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:59:12 +0530

Hi,

I have a question. I am using DTDs for dynamically creating XML content.

I could use external entity references to get most of the data by URIs.
But one or two key items I want to pass as arguments to my program
(which creates a dynamic doc based on a DTD).

Is there any simple way to pass arguments ? Something similar to the way

CGI programs read the standard input ? I want to create different
instances of a document based on those input arguments.

Thanks,
Sarav.