   RE: OFFTOPIC: Making Outlook mailing list friendly

  • From: Mike Brown <mbrown@corp.webb.net>
  • To: 'Frank Boumphrey' <bckman@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:39:59 -0700

Frank Boumphrey wrote:
> Go to Tools/options/send and uncheck the following box:
>
> _Reply to message using format in which they were sent

Not an option in Outlook 2000.

There you only have Tools > Options > Mail Format
"Send in this format" drop-down list.

I keep it on Plain Text, and manually choose Rich Text
when composing a new message if it is destined for an
internal recipient and if I want to do fancy formatting.

What you set there is the default for new messages only,
not replies, although when you are editing the reply, you
can change the message to Plain Text from the Format menu of
the editor if you want. Unfortunately it won't apply your
message quoting preference if you do this conversion.

I also like to use Andale Mono for my fixed-width font,
rather than Courier. Makes "plain" text not quite so
annoying to look at.

-Mike