   [Zvon][IDOOX] XDB - XML document repository (pre-release)

  • From: Miloslav Nic <nicmila@idoox.com>
  • To: "xml-dev@lists.xml.org" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 01:49:35 +0100

IDOOX today published a pre-release of :

XDB: XML Database
http://zvon.org/index.php?nav_id=61

XDB is an XML document repository providing structured storage of XML
data, at present using an RDBMS mapping over PostgreSQL. As the first
step, our plan is to develop a lightweight XML persistent storage engine
on top of a relational database backend to come up with a UI and API in
short time and replace it by our native XML storage system in the second
step to satisfy complex XML processing requirements. XDB intention is to
offer a fast, reliable and scalable XML database framework with powerful
querying techniques according to W3C standards (XPath, XML Query) and
standard XML processing APIs (SAX, DOM).