   Re: XML socket server applications

  • From: Chris Angus <Chris.Angus@btinternet.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:34:10 +0000

Tony

I cannot easily answer the question "Is it more usual" as I cannot speak for
what others do.  We use an XML socket server in one of our applications and
send "pure" XML documents in either direction.  We send one document at a
time in either direction and so have no problem in feeding them to the
parser.  As the socket (in our case) is only being used to handle XML there
seems to be little or no advantage in wrapping a well-formed XML document in
anything else.

Regards
Chris Angus
Home: +44 (0) 16977 41504