   Re: transformations

  • From: Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barclay@digitalfocus.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:55:06 -0500

Paul Tchistopolskii wrote:

> I can provide other particular cases when XSLT 'fails'. Anything sensitive
> to mistyping of one letter is the case, for example. XSLT is in fact 'write-only'
> language with almost no guards against mistypings. Mistype one letter
> in any Xpath ( like it is "in any perl regular expression" ) - and pray that you'l
> capture this error before it goes to production (if it resides in not obvious
> branch of the processing). And now imagine somebody modifying the code
> written by other person and mistyping the letter, or  ... sorry ... nevemind...

Hey, what if XSLT stylesheets could be checked against a DTD or schema
for the documents that would be transformed by that stylesheet?

I wonder what fraction of typos (e.g., misspelled element names) and logic
errors (e.g., X/Y when X can't have Y children anyway) such checking could
detect.

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay