   RE: XML Editor recommendation?

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:26:16 -0600

I like it for the flexibility of being able to
use CSS, integrate other components, use MSXML
(I like MSXML) and edit in a WYSIWYG environment.
The tutorials are good, the examples are good,
and they made good choices for which DTDs to
support coming out.

Part of choosing a tool is choosing a vendor.
Without confidence in the vendor, it is hard
to recommend a product because who knows where
some of today's vendors will be next week.
A history of commitment to markup and to the
markup community is a rare attribute in our
young-looking but not so young in fact market.

XMetal reflects a design from a team that
is very experienced in markup editors,
has the pedigree and makes the right tradeoffs
When one knows where the stumps are, it is easier
to walk on water.

Len Bullard
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.