   RE: XML Editor recommendation?

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline@rksystems.com>
  • To: "Pollington, Lee (ELSLON)" <lee.pollington@biomednet.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 08:45:01 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Pollington, Lee (ELSLON) wrote:

> I'd just like to add that I have other reasons for choosing Epic LE
> (as a first stage in XML authoring tools role out) for editorial
> staff: Arbortext's long history with SGML authoring (see Len
> Bullard's note), and of course the price: 10 LE licences for 550
> euros ($463 USD). If it doesn't field test well, we've still spent
> less that one full XMetal license.

It's encouraging to see the prices in this market becoming much more
competitive for the established vendors.  A few months ago Arbortext was
quoting prices an order of magnitude higher for this product (and yes, I
am referring to the LE version, and not the full Adept/Epic editor).

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline@rksystems.com