   Re: XML Schemas : Constraint mecanism on complexType ?

  • From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
  • To: Bruno Chatel <bcha@chadocs.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:58:15 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruno Chatel" <bcha@chadocs.com>
To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>; "Martin Gudgin" <marting@develop.com>
Cc: <bcha@chadocs.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2000 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: XML Schemas : Constraint mecanism on complexType ?

> > What you are asking for are co-constraints. These are not available in
XML
> > Schema 1.0.  However several members of the Working Group are keen to
tackle
> > them in a future version.
>
> Thanks for this response.
> Is there any available explanations/details about co-constraints and the
envisaged
> functionnalities ?

[MJG]
The Working Group is currently focused on getting version 1.0 finished. Once
that is done we will have time to address this issue ( and others ).
Currently there is no information I can give you beyond the fact that we
recognise that co-constraints such as you describe are useful and we hope to
provide something in a later version of XML Schema.

I would guess that once we get to the design stage specific use cases would
be useful to the Working Group.

Regards

Martin Gudgin
DevelopMentor