   Re: XML editors supporting WebDAV

  • From: Michael Champion <mchamp@mediaone.net>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 18:38:38 -0500

> Are there any XML editors out there that can use WebDAV instead of a file
> system or ftp for getting and storing documents?

Documentor, from the Swedish firm Excosoft
http://www.excosoft.com/index.xml. Excosoft has been around awhile and has
some big customers in Europe, I believe.

I looked at Documentor about a year ago; it was not quite as
"wordprocessor-like" as XMetaL and Epic, but it has a unique, more
user-friendly UI than XML Spy, etc. It was in the same price range as the
full Epic editor. My main complaint at the time was that it seemed to have a
totally proprietary stylesheet mechanism and didn't support either CSS or
XSL

I now see something on Excosoft's site called the "XML Client" that supports
WebDAV and CSS ... it may be more in the XMetaL/Epic LE price range.
Unfortunately, I don't see a way to get pricing information on the web,
download an evaluation copy, etc. Can anyone elaborate on how Excosoft's
products compare with XMetaL and Epic?